cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New user experience

Hi,

This is for the product team on the new user experience I faced today on Apple TV.

I had a nowTV login before, but I haven't activated it with a subscription

1) I tried logging in with the Apple TV app (latest AppleTV, app updated), and instead of logging me in, and stating (you have no subscription or day pass) it just said something like unable to log in, try again. So as a user, I think I've entered my password in incorrectly.

2) On a browser, I tried paying with my mastercard for a day pass, however the website stopped me at the "We need to authorise your card by taking a small payment of just £0.10 which we'll refund straight away. This is to make things extra secure for you." page. Which is an issue you had since last year such as http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Account-Offers-Promotions/need-to-speak-to-someone-please-help/td-p/34....

So only after googling 2) was I able to actually pay for a day pass, then only after that was I able to log in. So two instances where there was not sufficient feedback on the errors 1) Login, 2) Payment. Please sort this out for less tech savvy users as myself.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

That's very insightful feedback so thanks for that. NOW TVs been running for a few years now and we know there's still areas that need improvement, slowly but surely these are being fixed and the service over all improved, I've passed this feedback on to the development team for you.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

That's very insightful feedback so thanks for that. NOW TVs been running for a few years now and we know there's still areas that need improvement, slowly but surely these are being fixed and the service over all improved, I've passed this feedback on to the development team for you.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, Can i use this application, Republic of Ireland? I can't find the store (Apple tv 4 gen). Thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User unfortunately NOW TV isn't available in the Republic of Ireland

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's great Simon, thanks for the reply.
After I got those issues sorted I had a great streaming experience 👍