cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

cancellation of auto renewal

Hi,

In June I redeemed a 6 months entertainment pass and explictly cancelled the auto renewal. However, I have just checked my bank statement and you have charged me £6.99!!

I have checked my account history and can see that I did indeed cancel auto renew, but you sneekily re-enabled it the next month! Even though it was a 6 month pass, so it should not have auto-renewed after the 6 months had expired. Otherwise, what was the point in me cancelling the renewal? Unless you expect me to cancel it every month?!

I would appreciate if you would kindly refund me the £6.99 that you have taken without my consent.

I have vouchers that I want to use instead, which is the reason why I canelled the auto-renewal in the first place!

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

All monthly NOW TV subscription(s) will 'roll on' automatically if they're not cancelled prior to any 'free trial', 'retention offer', 'voucher pass' or 'monthly' subscription expiring. So no, nothing sneaky is going on!

Again... Even if you exclusively use voucher passes (like many of us do), if you're too slow to re-new your voucher pass, the NOW TV system will automatically attempt to collect payment from your debit/credit card... This is how the subscription system works.

That being said, provided you have not viewed any content (which the NOW TV people will thoroughly check) you should be able to get all (or a proportion) of your subscription payments returned/refunded to you by contacting a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility.

The easiest way of accessing 'Live Chat' is by using a Windows or Mac computer, along with various many makes and models of mobile phones and tablets (provided their screen resolution is high enough). Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • Click on the blue 'Start Live Chat' button on the left of the web page.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

issue resolved by live chat. thanks