cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stammie1609
Expert

My devices keep getting renamed to generic terms in my account

I use two Now TV Smart boxes and two Windows 10 tablets on my Now TV account, I renamed them so that I knew which was which if I need to change device,

but in my account they keep getting renamed to generic terms, the two smart boxes keep reverting to Now TV Box and the Windows 10 tablets renamed to PC.

Also the times shown when they were last used doesn't tally to when they were actually used so as I discovered on Saturday when I wanted to delete my laptop and add the second tablet instead I had to guess which "PC" to delete (and with a 50:50 chance I got it wrong lol).

I figured out which device was which yesterday and labelled them appropriately but now just have PC and Now TV Box showing for them again!

I don't anticipate having to change devices again for a while but please can you fix this very annoying bug?

4 REPLIES 4
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Agreed @stammie1609,

I currently have two LG televisions running on my NOW TV account. Despite re-naming them to 'LG TV Bedroom 1' and 'LG TV Lounge', they've both reverted back to say 'LG TV' Smiley Mad

Cheers

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@stammie1609

The bug with regards to renaming of devices in "Manage Devices" section of the NowTV account has been there since after the scheduled planned maintenance work by Roku / NowTV a few weeks back now.

Not sure if the NowTV Team have officially acknowledged it on the forums or have given any timeframe for a fix (i am guessing they are heavily relying on Roku to sort this out?).  

Perhaps the NowTV Team can post here on the Forums an update to us members ?  

lockmatt
Expert 2

i have 2 black boxes,when i rename them on my account and save the new names they then dont save as device names the next time i sign into my account

Legend 5
Legend 5
@lockmatt unfortunately it is a known issue which has started to occur since the last update. Not sure when the Now Technical team hope to fix it or if they are even looking at it as yet. There are other threads on the topic.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.