cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Xbox one app performance - generally unwatchable

Constant buffering related quality degradation, audio drop out, stuttering, buffer pauses and spinning wheels. Seems to be worse for a month or so.

Not related to hardware or connection - have 100m line, and Netflix, Amazon etc all play faultlessly in hd.

Have already tried the buffer clear, power off, disconnect psu to no effect.
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Rob
Thanks for the reply. Niether wired or wireless improves the quality
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thank you for your post.

I have emailed you directly regarding this

Thanks

Sue

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Been perfect for ages, updated it recently and now almost unwatchable... Every other app is fine, Netflix, YouTube etc just NowTV has checked out...
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem, Netflix works fine and my brother doesnt have any problems on his xbox 360 but it's unwatchable on my xbox one as the picture is so blurry and pixelated that you cant make out what's happening. Do you have any advise on how to fix it?

Thank you
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for popping by. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues.

Could you try deleting and re-installing the app for us?

Are you connected via wireless or an Ethernet cable?

Please let us know and we'll look into this further for you.

Thanks,

Rob

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello there,

Sorry to jump on this thread but wanted to report that I'm getting exactly the same problem.

Everything has been fine watching on Xbox One until fairly recently when every programme is so blocky it's unwatchable. If the programme is stopped and then restarted immediately the picture that was originally blocky is completely clear and back to how it should be but within a couple of minutes it's back to being completely blocky. Doesn't matter what type of programme I try and watch it always stays blocky and unwatchable.

I'm on a 8-16mbps connection and wired to the router and evey other streaming app on the Xbox is fine and clear in HD.

Now means that the NowTV service isn't usable for me which is a pain - to put it mildly.

Any update on how to sort this out or what's being done to sort this out would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Sorry to jump in on an old thread but I'm new and didn't know where else to post...

I'm experiencing exactly the same issue. The app on my Xbox one is generally unwatchable due to extreme pixellation. It's a wireless connection because my Xbox is in a different room to my router, but none of the other apps I use (Netflix, Amazon Prime, BBC iPlayer) have a problem with picture quality. The picture on my Xbox 360 and my Now TV hub are also fine. Uninstalled and reinstalled several times to no avail. At one point closing app and reopening it was a temporary fix but even that's not helping now.

If anyone has any suggestions or advice I would be eternally grateful 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Folks,

We're aware of some customers using the Now TV app on PS4s and Xbox Ones having problems that are Virgin Media customer can you tell me if you are also virgin media cusotmers? There seems to be settings of some sort changed which is causing this problem. Any information you can provide will help also please make sur ethat the app and software of the console is up to date.

Thanks

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, apologies for jumping into a pre-existing thread, but I'm experiencing a similar problem; I'm a Virgin Media customer, using a wireless network. All other streaming services (Microsoft store, Amazon and Netflix) work fine but after 10 minutes I get an "internet connection problem" error message. This has persisted for about 10 days now, and I cannot find a solution on either the FAQ or forum. I have reset my router and XBox, and also deleted and reinstalled the app. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Eddie,
No, I'm actually with you guys for my internet as well, so nothing to do with Virgin Media. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app last night so I'm assuming that will definitely be the latest version, and my Xbox is also up to date. I tried changing the channel of my router since I last posted, which seemed to work for one 50 minute TV episode, but the next episode I played went back to being pixelated. It's not as bad as it previously was, but still not as good as it ought to be.