cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Xbox one app performance - generally unwatchable

Constant buffering related quality degradation, audio drop out, stuttering, buffer pauses and spinning wheels. Seems to be worse for a month or so.

Not related to hardware or connection - have 100m line, and Netflix, Amazon etc all play faultlessly in hd.

Have already tried the buffer clear, power off, disconnect psu to no effect.
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Is your Xbox connected via wireless or wired connection? Are you trying to watch movies, entertainment or sport? Live or on demand?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. It's a wired connection to a router, which is then wired to virgin hub. No issues from this setup with other services / download speeds in general.

happens with entertainment and movies (which is all I use).

thanks again

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

That does seem a little odd, usually if it is wired the connection is better. Try seeing if deleting, then reinstalling the NOW TV app works. Is it only NOW TV that has this problem?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tried reinstalling, and restarting before and after. No difference - and yes, it's just NOW TV that has this issue.

Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've also been seeing this issue on Xbox One app. Seems to have been worse last month or so. 

About 20% of anything I watch is very blurry and pixelated on NowTV. I also have Amazon Prime and Netflix and they both stream flawlessly in HD. 

I haven't tested too much, but it seems NowTV on my laptop is more stable so I wonder if there is an issue with how the NowTV app is implemented on the Xbox?

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

I believe you have emailed us about this, it will be picked up by the team investigating and you should receive a response ASAP.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What email address can i use to report the same issues as above?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same issues as above too. Can u provide me with the email. Ive also uninstalled and reinstalked Now tv but the app keeps on stalling
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User and @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with NOW TV on the Xbox One.

Are you able to try connecting via an Ethernet cable and let us know if it improves the quality for you?

If you're still having issues, please let us know and we'll look into it further for you both.

Thanks

Rob

NOW TV Team