cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky Sports News

Hello, my sky sports month pass ran out at the weekend and now I can't get Sky Sports News? I thought I was entitled to the sports news channel for a month after the pass ended? I got it the last time my pass ended for one month.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User it's available for 30 days after you first active a sports pass, so day users get the most amount of extra time, whilst month users get none. 

View solution in original post

70 REPLIES 70
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Maybe I'm not describing it properly, it's like there is a frame missing during movement. Are you saying it's should be comparable to a HD Sky Sports feed via satellitte or BT tv?

I have a SAMSUNG UE43J5600 Smart 43" LED TV.

I've no idea what this means?

'Have you remembered to disable your TV's post-processing options for the given HDMI input?'

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

murphyslaw wrote:

Hi,

'Have you remembered to disable your TV's post-processing options for the given HDMI input?'

@Anonymous User

If you go into the picture settings on your TV on the HDMI input source assigned to your nowtv box, there should be an option to change the motion processing of your LCD TV (i believe Samsung calls it either Motion Plus or Auto Motion).

Try switching this feature off or on and also you can experiment with custom settings such has blur & judder etc to see if there is any improvement when watching sports on the nowtv streaming service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps wrote:

If you go into the picture settings on your TV on the HDMI input source assigned to your nowtv box, there should be an option to change the motion processing of your LCD TV (i believe Samsung calls it either Motion Plus or Auto Motion).

Try switching this feature off or on and also you can experiment with custom settings such has blur & judder etc to see if there is any improvement when watching sports on the nowtv streaming service.

I also have no idea what this means.  I do experience slight judder on fast horizontal movement on my Smart Box, especially on Sky Sports channels.  My broadband downstream speed is a steady 11.5 Mbps.

My TV set is a Sony 40 inch LCD type, model KDL-40D3500.  It has two HDMI inputs and is "HD Ready" although the built-in Freeview tuner is non-HD.  I have looked through all the menus, and read the manual but I can find no reference to changing the motion processing.

Any ideas?

Wlat

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Sorry i am not familiar with your Sony TV set , but i believe on the newer Sony televisions the motion processing might be called something like Motion Flow ?

On my Panasonic TV the motion processing is called Intelligent Frame Creation, it mainly causes the soap opera effect but on my TV set when watching Football with IFC set to on sometimes i notice a slight judder which on my TV happens when going from a slow replay back to the live coverage during the match.

I know some people are more septable to judder then others, on the nowtv smart box i only notice it slightly on the Sky Sports HQ ticker banner at the bottom of the screen, where the BBC News ticker bar is silky smooth.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hi,

Sorry to know about this. 😞

Request you to please follow a few troubleshooting steps sent over email and let us know how it goes.

Thanks. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Thank you very much.  It's not a very serious problem, but I'll try what you suggest in your email and let you know if it makes any difference.  I'll also tell you the serial number of the box in my email to you.

Kind regards,

Wlat

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Murphy  I know exactly what you mean, it's nothing to do with your tv or box, it's simply a rubbish stream.  Unless sky up the bit rate etc football will always have that missing frame, it's so annoying I go without. 

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi,

Maybe I'm not describing it properly, it's like there is a frame missing during movement. Are you saying it's should be comparable to a HD Sky Sports feed via satellitte or BT tv?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I experience the same problem. I buy passes because it's the only way I can watch my team play, but it's nowhere near the quality you get through satellite. I've not tried sky sports through bt yet.

Are there any plans to address this / is work being done on it?
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Out of interest... What's the make and model number of the device(s) you're using to access and play NOW TV content?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Watching through the tv I'll use either my Apple TV or google chromecast. Football through sky sports is sharp (I guess 720p sharp) but slightly jerky through both.

Doesn't look as good as satellite. Also nowhere near as good as say bt sport hd (I'm now with bt).