cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky Sports News

Hello, my sky sports month pass ran out at the weekend and now I can't get Sky Sports News? I thought I was entitled to the sports news channel for a month after the pass ended? I got it the last time my pass ended for one month.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User it's available for 30 days after you first active a sports pass, so day users get the most amount of extra time, whilst month users get none. 

View solution in original post

70 REPLIES 70
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The Sky Sports News App is an exclusive app provided to the NowTV boxes devices only unfortunately.

Some further info in the article linked below.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Sky-Sports-News-HQ-app-on-NOW-TV-Box

lockmatt
Expert 2

its not right as not in sync 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @lockmatt,

What device are you using to view Sky Sports News?

Are you accessing it via the pre-installed 'app' (on the NOW TV 'black', 'white' or 'smart' Box) or via the 'Sky Sports' subscription service?

lockmatt
Expert 2

hi @SeeMoreDigital i was using the black now tv box and using the sky sports paid package for viewing.cheers.

lockmatt
Expert 2

@SeeMoreDigital all sorted now

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@lockmatt

Is the sound still out of synch with Sky Sports News with your box ?

NowTV did have an technical issue a few days ago which was fixed pretty quickly (My box was also effected).

If your box still has the out of synch sound issue and your watch Sky Sports News HQ via the app, then i would try deleting the app in My Apps, then reinstall the app back again and then reboot the nowtv box.

Should the sound still be out sync after doing the above, try a reboot on your Router.

I have just checked the Sky Sports News HQ app on my box and it is working fine. Smiley Happy

Edit - I can see that you are all sorted now (your computer typing skill are much quicker than mine). Smiley Very Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Can anyone give me an idea what the picture quality is like for the live streaming Sky Sports channels on the Now TV Smart Box?

• Is it better than the black box?
  • Is it comparable to the Sky Sports News app (which seems to almost stutter, although the resolution is good otherwise, is this due to low frame rate?)
  • Is it like the entertainment live streaming channels on the black box (which actually seem better than the advertised SD)?

My concern is that although its listed to be 720p, it has the same issue as the Sky Sports News app.

Many thanks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

With the 50Hz video playback the picture looks slightly sharper more natural and smoother to me when when watching the live channels on the smart box.

To my eyes there is still some micro judder to the ticker banner on the Sky Sports News HQ app but not has obvious has the standard black box.

My standard black box is now gathering dust in the cupboard and my main nowtv player that i use now in the Living Room is the smart box.

Bear in mind that with any internet streaming device a good stable high speed internet connection is vitally important.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So I got a free week pass for the sports channels & the judder is very apparent, like a frame has been removed, it's not terrible but compared to Sky Sports via BT tv for example, it's nowhere near as good.

It's a shame they don't provide a better quality stream, as I would pay the monthly subs if they did. I appreciate it would prob cost them more in bandwith, but surely most people feel as I do & don't bother with it beacause of this?

I have superfast fibre broadband & this is through an ethernet connection, so no issues with the setup. It's a good pic as long as no fast movement!

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

So I got a free week pass for the sports channels & the judder is very apparent, like a frame has been removed, it's not terrible but compared to Sky Sports via BT tv for example, it's nowhere near as good.

If you are viewing the sports service via the NOW TV 'smart' box you should not be seeing any motion judder at all.

What make and model number of television do you have the 'smart' box connected to? Have you remembered to disable your TV's post-processing options for the given HDMI input?

Cheers