cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Judder and blurry sky sports

Hi,

I currently watch Sky Sports via NowTV on my PS4.

This is connected via ethernet and I get fibre and after running speedtests I get c45mb download and c20mb upload.

My TV is a Sony 4k - I have excellent picture quality when streaming YouTube etc. so know that I do not have any TV/Network/PS4 related issues.

Ever since NowTV has been upgraded I get terrible picture quality (I may as well stream illegally instead of paying!). Close up, still motion is ok but when this pans to match action (footy) the picture becomes blurry with motion judder. I have deleted the app/re-installed and have gone in/out of the channel. This does not help. The picture qualiy is 0 when I used to get >3000 on the old app.

Any ideas how to improve the picture quality?

Cheers

96 REPLIES 96
Anonymous User
Not applicable

not at all. it was posted you could get the anthony joshua fight as ive just pasted in the previous comment... its false advertisement! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I'm watching on a black now tv box and the video is behind the audio by about 5 seconds. It eventually catches up and then the video seems to rewind by a few seconds. Painful and not what I am paying £16.95 for. Will be chasing a refund unless I or someone at Sky can sort before 22:00 GMT.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Mate I've had to wire up on the laptop. It works. There no skipping, buffering or lip sync issues. Complete joke for the money paid. NOW TV aren't interested, all they will say is to go to the box office and go onto the Live Chat. There isn't anyone there to answer you so it's a big book pass. I have sent a email into the box office to complain. The NOW TV app is the issue but no one wants to come forward, admit it and fix it.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I have downloaded the app also got a Sky account

Was wanting to purchase the boxing event on the 10th of December.

Can not find any information as to wether I can book this event or not. Also the Sky community are not being helpful

Thanks for any info

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Perhaps the following 'Help Centre' article may be of use to you: Can I watch Sky Sports Box Office events on NOW TV?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

having exactly the same problems. looking to purchase the joshua fight for 16.95. i can see its available on the box office website but dont understand why now tv app doesnt. u had anymore joy finding a solution?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

'Sky Sports Box Office' events are not offered via the NOW TV platform, they are offered by Sky Television plc using their own dedicated app!

However, if own a NOW TV box, you can download and install the dedicated 'Sky Sports Box Office' app and purchase 'box office' sports events to your heart's content... 😉

Another good reason to buy a NOW TV box

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have done that but there's no upcoming fights that's on the app. otherwise I would 
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
I have done that but there's no upcoming fights that's on the app. otherwise I would 

For anyone who's interested. Here's a link to the up-coming Sky Sports Box Office Events.

As I mentioned before, all this content is offered by Sky Television plc via their own dedicated 'app'. Which means if anyone is unhappy with what's on offer or are having issues connecting to Sky's service they're better off contacting a Sky TV representative....

Cheers