cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

"Internet Connection has been lost"

I have a Nowtv Box connected by ethernet to my Router.

I keep getting the "Internet Connection has been lost" message.  It normally only drops out for a few seconds before being restored, but it happens so frequently it makes it virtually impossible to watch anything!  I have had my broadband checked (Virgin Media engineer came out and did all the checks and confirmed it was fine) and indeed things like laptops.  It happens on NowTV, ITV Hub, All 4, but not BBC iplayer or Netflix.  (I assume it does happen with these apps too, but that they have longer buffers and so ride it out until the internet is restored.  I've changed the ethernet cable checked the connections etc.  I've also tried watching ITV Hub on a Sony BluRay player I have and it does not experience the same problem, so it must be something to do with the NOWTV box.

Is it broken or is there something else I could be overlooking?  If it is broken, do I have to buy a  new one or is there a way I can get a replacement?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

..."things like laptopns work fine without dropping out or showing any loss of internet"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

..."things like laptopns work fine without dropping out or showing any loss of internet"

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Your best to call the broadband team to see what can be done. 

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/now-broadband-calls/my-broadband-or-calls-arent-working-as-expected

NOW Broadband customers can get in touch anytime between 8am–11pm.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Saint1976
Elite 3

@gavs82008 his broadband is with Virgin Media.

@Anonymous User what sort of Now box is it? Freeview, 4k or the small hockey puck one?

Have you tried to delete the app and do a fresh install? Alternatively have you done a full factory reset of the box?

If you have and nothing has worked, the box may have developed a fault. 

If the device is within its warranty period, it should be replaced by the outlet you bought it from. Outside of warranty, you'll have to buy a new one. Now no longer make devices so you'd have to consider an Amazon Firestick or Roku device.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Saint1976 

Thanks for picking that massive mistake up on my part, just saw NOW and router. Completely misread the parts about the NOW box itself. 

@Anonymous User ignore me and follow the sound advice from @Saint1976 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help