cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

is this Line Attenuation within limit?

Internet speed has dropped over 10% recently, and DS1 looks fine but unsure if DS2/3 matters at all as they seem high?

Line Attenuation (dB)DS1:21.1    DS2:56.5    DS3:86.8US0:4.7    US1:46.6    US2:61.6
Noise Margin (dB)DS1:4.6    DS2:4.6    DS3:0.0US0:6.2    US1:6.0    US2:0.0
11 REPLIES 11
allanc
Scholar 3

@Anonymous User 

Line attenuation ds1 puts you at 1.5km from your cabinet ??? Is that correct? the ds2 is a bit high and ds3 will not get any speed whatsoever.

The ds1 and ds2 noise margins are very slightly raised but shouldn't impact your speed that much.

What speed are you getting and what is your minimum guaranteed access line speed?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@allanc on sites I've checked I'm 1.233km away,

My minimum guarantee is 23.2Mb, I'm currently getting 22.3Mb synced to the modem, I was syncing higher before. is DS3 not getting anything due to distance or other issues?

really is annoying, not even out in the middle of nowhere, in a build up area, and I'm pretty sure the roads around me get the 80/20 package when I was checking.

allanc
Scholar 3

@Anonymous User 

If you enter you full postal address below and copy and paste the full table we would know the capabilities of your line

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream HandbackThreshold(Mbps) WBC FTTC Availability Date WBC SOGEA Availability DateHigh Low High Low      VDSL Range A (Clean) 
VDSL Range B (Impacted) 
40.427.47.9625AvailableAvailable
39.723.17.75.518AvailableAvailable
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install ProcessFTTP on Demand
33050--Available--
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) Availability DateWBC ADSL 2+WBC ADSL2+ Annex MWBC Fixed Rate
Up to 13--7.5 to 17.5Available
Up to 13Up to 17.5 to 17.5Available
2----Available
Other Offerings Availability DateVDSL MulticastADSL Multicast
Available
Available
Exchange Product Restrictions StatusFTTP Priority ExchangeWLR WithdrawalSOADSL Restriction
N
N
Y

The exchange is not in a current fibre priority programme

WLR is currently available at the exchange

SOADSL is restricted at the exchange

this is so weird speeds are a lot lower than my previous address which was 2.57km away? >.< yet previous address has easily 80/20 speeds,

I'm pretty sure last month I was getting around 26/27 via wifi speed tests at the time, maybe closer to 28Mb as I do remember steam downloads speeds exceeding 3.5Mb.

allanc
Scholar 3

@Anonymous User 

Your max speed is 40Mbps with a guarantee somewhere  within the handback threshold range of 18-25.  If your speed is below the guarantee you will need to ring now broadband support. Sorry i don't have their number

40.427.47.9625AvailableAvailable

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You can find the broadband support number here:

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Are you connected direct to the master socket (no phone extension leads) and do you have anything on other phone extension sockets (if you have them)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User connected to the master socket, although the wiring to it, looks like it has seen better days, this apparently isn't an issue, and no phones plugged in. 

I have been talking to someone from the broadband department but they seem to think changing my wifi channel will increase my sync speed, it's like talking to a wall. 

oh also removing the washing machine/tumble driver will improve sync speeds also? >.<

Anonymous User
Not applicable

in the Your service status of the nowtv website it just has an exclamation mark that doesn't even show the sync speed etc anymore.

https://ibb.co/qFqLDQL