cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Geoff29
Advocate

broadband speed

my download speed at present is 30mbs should be 37mbs  how much better is now 67mbs to 73mbs and what is the cost  to upgrade

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
redchiz1
Champion 2

The service you have is capped. If all you can get now is 30Mbps then removing the cap won't improve it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
redchiz1
Champion 2

The service you have is capped. If all you can get now is 30Mbps then removing the cap won't improve it.

Geoff29
Advocate

My point is i'm only getting 30mbs with Now broadband and i pay for 37 mbs thats what i expect

when with BT i got 67 mbs so no cap on speed coming in

redchiz1
Champion 2

OK. Well, are you referencing speedtest results here, or the actual sync speed on your router? If it is possible to get more then get in touch with the broadband support team, NOW pricing is exactly the same for their Fab Fibre (36) and Super Fibre (63) products. The number you need is 0330 041 2518.

Geoff29
Advocate

Speed test  just done  result  download 28mbs  and upload 7.6mbs.  should be 37mbs

if i go for super fast on this result will be lucky to get 60mbs

Jayach
Elite 3

@Geoff29 wrote:

Speed test  just done  result  download 28mbs  and upload 7.6mbs.  should be 37mbs

Who say it should be 37Mbs? When you joined you should have been given estimated and minimum speeds, what were they?

The speed you get is dependant on a number of factors, the most important of which is the distance from the street cabinet.

Presumably you are currently on Fab Fibre.

chilli2
Elite

Have you tried putting your details in here? https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome