cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Without connection for 15 days....and counting

I choose to switch supplier to Now Broadband. The activation date was 13th September. This got delayed to 15th, then 19th, then 21st, then 22nd, then 27th, then 28th today. Just received a text saying 4th October. Let s say I am doubtful. 

6 REPLIES 6
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have you called the broadband team to see what’s going on? Unfortunately NOW are fully reliant on OpenReach to sort it out.

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/now-broadband-calls/switching-to-now-broadband-or-moving-home

NOW Broadband Members can call us 8am–8pm, 7 days a week.

03300 412518
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes I have spoken to the broadband team on 6 occasions and have heard all
the standard excuses but never anything honest like 'we are waiting for
openreach'.
Ho hum.
Jayach
Elite 3

Did you cancel your old supplier, or did you let Now do it. If Now were doing it, the old supplier should continue working until the swap over.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here, new customer. Just moved into a new house. Ordered broadband on the 11th sept, activation date 26th. Account gone into delay 3 times. Next update 7th October. I’ve been told openreach need to run a new line to the property although I have a BT junction box on my drive feeding the other 3 properties on my street. Then I’m told they need to re-route the new cable as the route is blocked! I’m fed up with being fobbed off! 

Jayach
Elite 3

If you don't have a BT/Openreach phone socket in the property. Openreach will need to install one.

Is FTTP available at your property? That will probably be faster to get installed, but Now don't offer it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just a quick update. We are now at 23 days and still waiting for a connection.....!

I call the support line regularly...they say its with tier 2 people.. no I can't talk to them but they will call me or send an email....no call or emails received......in 23 days.