cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Very slow speed on SuperFibre

I have very slow speeds on SuperFibre connection, I've tried a reset of the router but no avail and been like this for several weeks.

I did find a superfluous microfilter which I thought may have been the issue so removed it but didn't help.

My speeds don't get above 6mbps and 1mbps upload and somehow the line check thing on the support site thinks this is OK so doesn't give me a phone number to call. 

11 REPLIES 11
redchiz1
Champion 2

How do these speeds compare to the guaranteed minimum? Are they the sync speeds shown on the router, or speedtest results? If the latter, are these wired, wireless, or both? 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have you tried to do a search on the forum? There countless threads that have the number to call.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Jayach
Elite 3

What does the Openreach checker expect your line to be capable of?

BT Broadband (btwholesale.com)

Edit: You say you found a superfluous microfilter, but an unused microfilter won't affect your line.

Are you using the master socket? have you tried in the test socket?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The openreach checker says no data can be found for my number.

I am using the master socket. Will try the test socket

redchiz1
Champion 2

Try the address checker, the number checker only works for BT lines. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So theoretically the line is good for 282.1 download and 44mbps upload.

I've managed to get hold of Now Tech support and they seem to think it is a copper joint issue outside the property so are sending an engineer. Thanks for the help

redchiz1
Champion 2

Not on a VDSL line up to 76 meg it isn't! But glad to see that you have the support team on the case.  🙂

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 wrote:

Not on a VDSL line up to 76 meg it isn't! But glad to see that you have the support team on the case.  🙂

You’ve confused me there, @redchiz1 😢

Surely even VDSL is copper from the property to the cabinet?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

It is. And only up to 76 meg. The numbers quoted by the OP must relate to a faster service, possibly G.Fast, which NOW do not supply. If they posted a screenshot of the BTW results we would all all be a lot clearer.