cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
allanmb

Using Now TV router in WANOE mode?

I have just joined NowTV and have my own mesh wifi setup at home using this as my primary router: https://www.asus.com/uk/networking-iot-servers/wifi-routers/asus-gaming-routers/rt-ax88u/

I think I want to have my NowTV router set to WANOE mode, and then the Asus router in PPPOE mode but I need the username/password of my NowTV broadband to get that to work (something Vodafone happily shared previously). Is this something I can obtain from Now? (I've tried phoning twice but got disconnected both times after waiting for almost an hour both times).

I am currently setup using the NowTV router in Auto mode and using my Asus router using Auto-IP for WAN which works but I can't get any port forwarding to work so my web server and other inbound connections don't currently work

3 REPLIES 3
Jayach
Elite 3

It sounds like you are currently double NAT'd.

Unfortunately the Now router doesn't have a modem only mode.

I think your only option will be to get a separate modem.

How were you using that router with Vodafone? Were you on FTTP with them?

allanmb

I was using a BT Openreach modem with Vodafone, that my Asus router was connected to via it's WAN port. I can hopefully still use that modem but I will need the dsl login from Now, if that is something they provide?

Jayach
Elite 3

No they don't, but there are many posts on here and the Sky forum on how to use your own router.

Now/Sky use a slightly different authentication method from PPPoE, and it is certainly available with ASUS DSL routers but if it can be selected in your router with the BT modem I'm not sure.

If it is available (make sure you have the latest firmware, or possibly use Merlin) it will be something like Sky(MER)_VDSL.

Good luck, do let us know if you get it working.