cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Judie
Mentor

Unstable broadband connection

I have been a customer of Now for a few years now.  Since April the broadband connection has been entirely unreliable.  An engineer has apparently checked it on each occasion and found it to be fine, however that's not how it is at our end!

For the last few weeks it has been dropping around 30 times a day for between 2 and 15 minutes at a time, sometimes for longer.  I have done all the things suggested on the Now site, such as detaching the phone socket.  I do not need a microfilter on my phone socket connection.

Before I speak to my neighbours and see is anyone has a more consistently stable supplier, has anyone anything to suggest I can try?

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Judie 

It’s likely that the fault isn’t at your property but further afield maybe even at the cabinet. 
Ask for a full investigation all the way back to the cabinet.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Judie
Mentor

Thank you, I wondered about that from someone else's post on this and have done so.  I heard yesterday that they will be looking at it again in 48-72 hours.  Grr!

Jayach
Elite 3

You say you do not need a filter, so presumably you have a filtered faceplate. However for testing purposes you would still need to connect to the test socket to completely eliminate the possibility of there being a problem at your end.

You also say an engineer has checked it each time, but have you actually had an Openreach engineer come to the house and do an end to end test?

Judie
Mentor

Hi Jayach, thanks, no, and have asked for someone to get it checked properly.  Nothing yet, but here's hoping....