cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble loading sites when using iPhone Safari browser on NOW home wifi

For several weeks I've had trouble getting some web pages to load on Safari using my iPhone when using my home wifi.

The problem goes away when I use mobile data.

One example is the puzzle game Redactle – I can get it to open on another mobile browser but it only loads sometimes on Safari. Once it has loaded, I can type a word into the guess box but I can't submit it. It's also happening when I try to open New York Times' sudoku on Safari, yet I can play on the NYTimes app or another browser.

Other sites fail to load too, but these are ones I visit most days and used to access without any issues so I notice them more.

I've tried the fixes Apple suggests (turning the phone off and clearing history and website data) but it hasn't helped. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm using an iPhone 12 mini on iOS 16.1.2.

Thanking you in advance, and wishing you a happy new year.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @chris_broadband 

Have you gone into your online account and tried a different age rating from default 13 on your Broadband Buddy Settings ?

If that doesn't help maybe go into your NOW Router webpage Settings and try temporary disabling IPV6.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @chris_broadband 

Have you gone into your online account and tried a different age rating from default 13 on your Broadband Buddy Settings ?

If that doesn't help maybe go into your NOW Router webpage Settings and try temporary disabling IPV6.

Thanks so much @schnapps – I've just tried changing the broadband buddy age limit and I will try the other fix if that doesn't work

@schnapps Thanks again, changing the age setting has worked. Can now spend 2023 getting on with my racy over-18s … number puzzles 🤓