cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

TP Link powerline adapters with Now Hub 2

I use tp link powerline adapters to get internet to an outbuilding. Previously I had a BT smart hub and this provided internet through the powerline adapters with no issues whatsoever. I've just recently got a Now Hub 2, the powerline adapters now only work intermittently. When initially plugged in the adapters provide internet, but eventually seem to time out and stop working. The only way to get internet back is to re-pair the adapters.

There must be something different about the nowtv hub that causes this to happen, any ideas about what this might be??

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have the same problem with tp link av200.

Wonder if it's the gigabit ethernet not working with the older adaptor.

Any help appreciated. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Managed to fix this, permanently hopefully. 

Accessing router and switching off gigabit ethernet didn't work. Swapping cable ports didn't work, the lights around socket did not work in either. A new cable got it working straight away, though I have left gigabit off too. 

Hope it lasts and helps others. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I experience the same issue with the devolo magic 1 WiFi powerline and the Nowtv hub 2 .

I did change the ethernet cable but I still experience the same regular issue .

Anyone still having the problem ?

Main issue is that after one or 2 days we can't get internet and we see messages like "WiFi has not internet connection" on mobile, or " self IP address " when using the iMac.

Only a restart of the router seems to fix it temporarily.

Thank you