cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
osullivan

Super slow internet

Nowtv speed test says 55mbps, but all other speed tests say around 2.5mbps. I can't load video so I am assuming it is more likely the 2.5mbps. Other devices switched off, sat next to the hub as per suggested solutions and still not improving.

Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

@osullivan 

The Now result is your Sync speed, the speed that Now could give you most of (there is always a little bit of overhead, say 10%) if the path to your router was as it should be.

So it looks like it isn’t, and quite radically not.

You will need to contact Now Broadband about this, and they in turn will probably need to get Openreach to investigate the physical network.

Call 150 from a Now landline, or take your pick of:-

0800 759 1213, 0330 041 2518, 0330 041 2462, 0330 332 3050, 0330 041 2473, 0333 759 4816

People may be along in a minute to suggest you ‘split the bands’, but do not waste your time, unless they can explain how this might improve your measured broadband speed by 2000% 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jayach
Elite 3

I'm definately not going to suggest "splitting the bands", but if you are measuring the speed over wi-fi, you need to test them wired (ethernet) to the router, before thinking it may be an Openreach problem.

Have you taken a look at Now's help page.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/broadband-speeds-explained