cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Powerline adapters

Hi, would Now TV supply free powerline adapters in the case of weak WiFi signal in some parts of the house? If so, how would I request these? Asking because my previous ISP used to do this. 

Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

NOW don't provide anything else other than the router. If you want powerline adapters you will need to fork out for these on Amazon etc.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

NOW don't provide anything else other than the router. If you want powerline adapters you will need to fork out for these on Amazon etc.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @gavs82008 

Powerline Adaptors will only get you to one other place in the property, and you said places.

Though if you get a set of PLAs with a WiFi capability at the far end, that will at least cover what’s in range of that WiFi. Like this one:-

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing-accessories/networking/powerline/tp-link-tl-wpa7517-av1000-wifi-powerline-adapter-kit-twin-pack-10222011-pdt.html

I was very happy with one of these to get the internet, and WiFi, out to my garden office over the mains cable that ran out to there.

But you might want to consider a proper WiFi mesh system instead.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.