Not applicable

Password not working

Had NOW broadband connected today and its saying password is wrong 

10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Make sure everything is in caps and pay attention to O and zeros.

If that doesn't work can you connect an Ethernet cable to your NOW Router with something like a laptop and type 192.168.0.1 in your internet browser url address bar.

Then when the NOW Hub Settings web page appears on your screen, click on the wireless tab and when prompted use admin and nowtv has the username and password then go to the Network key box and use a wifi password of your choice, then click on the green Apply button to save.

Mark1234
Advocate

@schnapps I'm having the same issue lable matches router password but keeps saying wrong password 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Mark1234 

Try a factory reset to the router in case the password set up is wrong.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/improve-broadband-speed#

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Mark1234
Advocate

@gavs82008  cheers will try that you would think now would actually reply hope it's not a sign of things to expect 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Mark1234 

More likely a one off, but the router is known to be very poor I hate to tell you.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Mark1234 

@gavs82008 has a bit of boilerplate he will likely run out for you to explain that this is a customer-to-customer Community, and if you expect Now to reply here, you will be sadly disappointed.

If you actually want to get in touch with Now though, in the vain hope that they will give you a better answer to your question above than your fellow-customers can, there are several ways to do this, notably posting on Now’s Twitter/X feed,

@gavs82008 also has a bit of boilerplate explaining how to get in touch with Now when they really can do more for you than we can, e.g. fixing your broadband, or resolving billing queries.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
SeeWhy5
Advocate

@Mark1234 I have the same problem. Finally I figured out the password has two “I” . Which is capital “i” instead of lower case of “L”. Hope this helpful to your case.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Forget to say double check if the sticker on the NOW Hub Router box packing and the sticker ID underneath the bottom of the NOW Router has the same information.

Also you could try pressing the WPS button on the front of the NOW Hub.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You should find your password on the underside of the router.

All your WiFi devices will need to be individually reconfigured to use the SSID and password of the new router*.

Or are you saying you are doing that, but the password shown on the router is not accepted by the router? In which case, carefully reread the password, and ensure you are using the correct case for each letter, as passwords are case-sensitive, and that you aren’t confusing numeral 0 and upper case O; lower case l, upper case I,  numeral 1; and so on.

In the unlikely, but possible, case where the label on the router is wrong, then if you have a device that can connect to the router by WPS, do this, and then browse to the router and see what the password really is.

*Or get one device, with a browser on it, connected, and then change the router SSID and password to whatever you had on the previous setup, after which all your existing devices will automatically reconnect. Much easier to change one router than 20 devices 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.