cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LMorr
Advocate

Only opens certain websites and not others suddenly. It worked yesterday, I’ve not changed anything!

Yesterday my now broadband worked fine on my PC, a bit slow but I get what I pay for. 

Today, it will only let me access some webpages (i.e. fb, Amazon, you tube), but not ones I actually use and need for work and Tomplay for music (for example). 

I tried phoning the help desk, and we did all the usual reset router etc etc. but I’m fairly sure the lady didn’t understand what I was saying and basically said I’ve rebooted your settings, give it 24 hours clearly to quickly get me off the phone as she had no idea. 

I use Microsoft edge (need to for work). 

Can anyone help as the helpline are USELESS. 

thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
RoyB
Legend

@LMorr 

It sounds as if perhaps Broadband Buddy has got switched on.

See here for how to maintain it:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/set-up-and-manage-broadband-buddy

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
LMorr
Advocate

@RoyBbroadband buddy is off.

Today my problem was passed on to the network team, I received a message saying it was fixed. It’s not. Very frustrating 

chilli2
Elite

You could try changing the DNS server/settings on the router to something like open DNS or Google DNS 

I know that when Now/sky had issues I wasn't affected as Im not using the NOW DNS server settings