cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Iwotic

Now Broadband order delay. Almost a month of wait time

I have registered for the Broadband setup since 7th October, 2023. I keep getting a message that there is a delay with my Now Broadband order delay and no definite date of setup coming up.

This means that it's already almost a month that I have to wait for the setup. I am wondering if this is the standard norm that other people also faced? What's other people wait time like?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Iwotic 

It’s likely to be the same wires, being connected or not connected by Openreach, unless you have FTTP available where you are, and can get that.

But if you are stuck with FTTC, I can’t help thinking that some ISPs have a bigger stick, or a bigger carrot, to incentivise Openreach with 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RoyB
Legend

@Iwotic 

A normal wait is about two weeks. You have been informed that there is a delay, so it will be longer than that, and indeed it already is.

By ‘other people’ do you mean just customers of Now? Many have had a smooth ride in the past, but we do seem to be seeing a spike in the installations with difficulties reported lately. But then people with smooth installations don’t normally come on here to report those, so we don’t know what the proportions are.

What we do know is that Openreach, who install all the broadband infrastructure in the UK (except from Virgin and the Altnets) on behalf of Now and other ISPs, have changed the rules recently, and some services are no longer available (phone calls over broadband copper, and certain ways of providing broadband).

Shouldn’t affect Now, as if they offer you a service at all, then it won’t be anything that’s been discontinued, but we wonder….

Or by ‘other people’ do you mean customers of other ISPs? Can’t answer for those, I’m afraid….

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Iwotic

Thank you RoyB. Very insightful. It's indeed frustrating as we rely on Wi-Fi for our work and education, and we are extremely frustrated by the lack of progress.  "Other people" means if any other Now customers have faced such situation as well. I am trying to see if this is common standard and trying to see how long further I need to wait. If it's too long of a wait, I may consider switching to other providers.

RoyB
Legend

@Iwotic 

It’s likely to be the same wires, being connected or not connected by Openreach, unless you have FTTP available where you are, and can get that.

But if you are stuck with FTTC, I can’t help thinking that some ISPs have a bigger stick, or a bigger carrot, to incentivise Openreach with 😛