cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Disappointed
Mentor

No service after activation

I moved into a new place last week and prior to moving ordered Now Broadband. My activation date was yesterday and I had the many texts from Open Reach to say the engineer was at the exchange and then one to say he had completed his work.

I plugged in the Now router and had no internet or dial tone. I phoned faults and was fobbed off that it could be until midnight (like anyone was going to do anything after 6pm).

This morning still no internet or phone so I call in and am told that everything from their end is working and it is activated. I tell them it is not, I plugged a phone into every socket in the house and haven't got a dial tone. I am told that they can't book an engineer until the line has been active for 72 hours as it has to stabilise.

I keep pointing out that there is no voice service so the line itself hasn't been connected to the property. This is so frustrating, the phone signal is so bad here that if I want to make a call or use the internet I have to stand next to a window and now I am being fobbed off when something is wrong. 

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Disappointed 

All I can say is keep at broadband support. And bear this in mind something you can use to your advantage.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/auto-compensation

FYI not to expect staff jumping on here and replying. See this link to explain the purpose.
https://community.nowtv.com/t5/help/faqpage/title/what-is-community-for

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Disappointed
Mentor

Thanks for your reply, I mentioned auto compensation but got told that they had not missed the activation date. But I have filled in the form requesting it.

RoyB
Legend

@Disappointed 

What lights are showing on your router?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Disappointed
Mentor

@RoyB Power and wireless. I feel like the line to the house isn't connected, no dial tone tells me there is an issue with the connection to the cabinet.

Disappointed
Mentor

Posting an update should it prove useful to anyone in future, I phoned up again on Sunday and the agent was really helpful and booked an engineer, I explained there is no dial tone and hence there was no line connected into the property. She said that she could see a fault on the line (there wasn't one) and would book an engineer.

Engineer came out Tuesday morning and I explained that the line was dead and no dial tone, he then said his pre test was showing a healthy 70MB on testing and we both agreed that the line had been patched into the wrong house. He went up to the cabinet and got it connected and now I am on line again.