cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet on Apple devices

Got Now Boradband on 11th Mar. Since day 1, I have had issues. All my Apple devices - iPhone, iPad and MacBook don’t connect to internet, although they are connected perfectly well to the WiFi. It’s definitely not the WiFi signal problem. I tried a number of different things over the last week or so. My problem symptoms and things I tried:

• All my devices connect nicely to the WiFi. I can see the IP address of the connection and strength of the signal etc. However, the internet doesn’t work on Apple devices, while internet works just fine on Windows and Android devices. On Apple devices, I try to browse to google.com - it fails after 2min, saying the server did not respond. While at the same time, from a windows laptop, I can happily browse the internet.
  • I tried to split the 2.4G and 5G SSIDs and connected to both frequencies individually from my Apple devices. The result is the same.
  • I tried resetting the network settings in iPhone/iPad - after reset the internet connection works for a while and suddenly and randomly the internet stops working and I am back to square one.

I am a home worker and internet is very important for me. I have been connecting to my mobile data connection for work - which is very frustrating.

I have been with Vodafone before for last 4 years and I have never had any issues.

I am not sure if the issue is with the broadband router or somewhere/something else - has any one faced this issue before - any ideas/points?

Is there a technical help desk number that I can call?

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jayach
Elite 3

First thing to try would be turning broadband buddy off, other posters have said it doesn't play well with Apple's private relay,

How do I set up and manage parental controls for NOW Broadband? (nowtv.com)

If that doesn't cure it there is a number to call here:

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jayach
Elite 3

First thing to try would be turning broadband buddy off, other posters have said it doesn't play well with Apple's private relay,

How do I set up and manage parental controls for NOW Broadband? (nowtv.com)

If that doesn't cure it there is a number to call here:

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

Thanks Jayach. I disabled Broadband buddy. I will report back tomorrow and accept the answer, if indeed the broadband buddy is the root cause.

Disabling Boradband Buddy did indeed work. tomorrow will be the acid test when I work from home, but I am confident that this will work. 

Cannot thank you enough @Jayach 🙏