cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danv
Mentor

No internet, no help so far from support team

Hi there

I'm on Now Hub 2 and my broadband went live on 9th of April and I still got no internet connection. Only two lights are showing out of three - power and wireless. I've been calling the customer support team and trying to resolve the issue with them for 3 days straight now.
Every time I call them we go over the same process over and over again. They ask me to check the connection to the hub and then they run a test on a line saying that they have identified an issue with it (basically can't connect to it) and have to raise a ticket with their network team. They mention that the issue should be resolved in the next 24-48 hours and they will call me back (they never do) and I can't get any progress updates whatsoever.

23 REPLIES 23
RoyB
Legend

@danv 

As fellow-customers you have our sympathy, but there is not a lot more we can offer 😢

As your activation has been delayed, you will be eligible for automatic compensation for every working day (Monday to Saturday) from your activation date until the problem is fixed, which might help to defray the cost of using your mobile phone as a hotspot until then.

My feeling is that there seem to have been a lot more of these issues since Openreach stopped supplying new PSTN lines; but Now don’t use those, though they do rely on copper to the exchange unless you can and do take their new Full Fibre FTTP service.

And I have no concrete quantitative evidence for this feeling, nor do I know if other ISPs are similarly affected.

Which broadband service have you selected from Now?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
danv
Mentor

@RoyB 
Hello Roy, thanks for you reply.

I have selected their Super Fibre package as it was the fastest 12-month contract I can get in my area.
It's been a pretty frustrating experience so far to be fair. I work from home and having a stable internet connection is a must for me and relying on mobile internet is not always ideal.
The worst thing is they can't even tell me what the problem is and give me an accurate estimate of when it's going to get resolved.

Jayach
Elite 3

@danv 

Are you new in the property? Was there broadband previously?

danv
Mentor

@Jayach
Moved in about two weeks ago. Not sure whether the previous tenant had a broadband or not.

Jayach
Elite 3

Super Fibre is an FTTC product, and relies on the copper connection to your local cabinet.

As we don't know when that was last used it could need some work by Openreach to make it serviceable.

Was FTTP not available where you are?

https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/ultrafast-full-fibre-broadband

danv
Mentor

@Jayach 
It says that the build is planned on FTTP. The fastest available so far is FTTC.

RoyB
Legend

@danv @Jayach 

Neither of those statements makes sense 😢

If you ordered Super Fibre, the build should have been planned on FTTC.

FTTC should never be faster than FTTP.

Are you sure you haven’t ordered Now’s new Full Fibre 100?  If you haven’t, it may well be worth considering the switch.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jayach
Elite 3

@RoyB wrote:

@danv @Jayach 

Neither of those statements makes sense 😢

It all makes sense to me.

@danv is saying the Openreach checker states that FTTP is planned but not available yet, therefor FTTC is all that is available.

Is there something else which is confusing?

RoyB
Legend

@Jayach 

Obviously, Openreach’s mangling of the English language, where anything they say that seems to be comprehensible actually means something quite different 😛