cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danv
Mentor

No internet, no help so far from support team

Hi there

I'm on Now Hub 2 and my broadband went live on 9th of April and I still got no internet connection. Only two lights are showing out of three - power and wireless. I've been calling the customer support team and trying to resolve the issue with them for 3 days straight now.
Every time I call them we go over the same process over and over again. They ask me to check the connection to the hub and then they run a test on a line saying that they have identified an issue with it (basically can't connect to it) and have to raise a ticket with their network team. They mention that the issue should be resolved in the next 24-48 hours and they will call me back (they never do) and I can't get any progress updates whatsoever.

23 REPLIES 23
danv
Mentor

@Dotliddle the best number to contact them is 0800 759 1177, but it takes a while to get through their security questions every time. Setting a password for support-related issues with them definitely helps.

danv
Mentor

Today they "resolved" the issue saying that theres no intervience on the line, but my monthly bill keeps growing because of the landline calls that I didn't make and can't physically make because I don't even have a phone and the only thing I got connected to the openreach socket is the Now Hub 2.

I called them today, they asked me to send them a photo of my setup to confirm that it is impossible for me to make calls.The guy I was speaking with tried to sell me a phone call package to fix that issue, that's just pure comedy 😂

I then asked for a manager and they actually called me back this time (surprise-surprise). The manager mentioned that they will take off the phone charges by applying credit to the account, but they are still looking into that issue (I guess that means that I will be still getting charged for any other random phonecalls that are somehow coming off my line).

I'm still on a cooling-off period with them for the next 5 or 6 days. I wonder if I should cancel the service while I can because they are a total nightmare to deal with and they don't seem to care about the problems I'm facing.

danv
Mentor

On a side note, to whoever is dealing with any similar broadband/calls related problems, try reaching to their manager if you feel that they're not progressing with your issue properly. Managers definitely have more power and knowledge to help you out, but it is still quite frustrating to deal with them. Make sure you keep calm, but a little pushy. That definitely helps.

Reenie
Observer

@danv I have had exactly the same issues also from the 9th April and 10 days later no further forward. I'd been with Now for years and was only upgrading to faster speed. Had engineer out on 15th and he called Service Provider and was told straight away they knew it was an issue with Now Broadband had been for a week and had thousands of calls regarding this, so why had it not been sorted? When I called was told no issues with service but they'd raise it as a priority and to give it another 3-5 working days. Absolutely terrible Customer Service. I'm now going to just cancel mine.