cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danv
Mentor

No internet, no help so far from support team

Hi there

I'm on Now Hub 2 and my broadband went live on 9th of April and I still got no internet connection. Only two lights are showing out of three - power and wireless. I've been calling the customer support team and trying to resolve the issue with them for 3 days straight now.
Every time I call them we go over the same process over and over again. They ask me to check the connection to the hub and then they run a test on a line saying that they have identified an issue with it (basically can't connect to it) and have to raise a ticket with their network team. They mention that the issue should be resolved in the next 24-48 hours and they will call me back (they never do) and I can't get any progress updates whatsoever.

23 REPLIES 23
danv
Mentor

Just wanted to post a quick update. I finally got the internet light showing up on my router and I can now access the internet.

I ended up booking an engineer through their website on check-service-status page on Friday:
https://account.nowtv.com/check-service-status/
Then I called them to discover that my engineer visit was cancelled by... them. That's just great, isn't it?
They rebooked the engineer visit and I got a message from Openreach on Saturday saying that my provider has reported a fault and they will deal with it. And today the work's been finished. With success!

I had to contact them a grand total of 5 times just to book an engineer visit, but I got there at the end. To whoever is experiencing similar issues, I would suggest calling them regularly just to be on track with the progress and to make sure that your support request got through.

danv
Mentor

Just gave them another call to make sure I get the compensation for the loss of service and they mentioned that I have a couple of phone call charges. How is it even possible if I don't have a phone in my house?

RoyB
Legend

@danv 

I presume you know that Now’s FTTC services require that you have a phone line, even if you don’t use it?

Beyond that, Openreach have been know to check customer’s lines after making a fix by calling the speaking clock, something which incurs a charge for the customer.

You would think they would have a freephone number for this purpose, wouldn’t you?

Ask Now Broadband what the called numbers are.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Em1
Advocate

@danv I had exactly the same issue when I moved house.

I was constantly on the phone, they said it was active, i said it wasnt. It ended up me taking a day off work to wait in for an engineer. The engineer was lovely. However, the phone line was not alive, there wasn't even a cable going to my house, so I don't know how they said it was all set up ready to go. 

The engineer fitted a new one up and sorted the cable. I was then offered £3.61 as compensation off my next bill. 

I have issues with connection constantly and can never get any answers. I'm looking forward to my contract coming to an end. 

Hope you manage to find some help. 

RoyB
Legend

@Em1 

With no cable to your house, you would not have had any broadband either, as it’s the same cable.

Was that the case?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Em1
Advocate

@RoyB 

The engineer came and fitted a new box, new cable and sorted it all for me. They were here ages, on the roof, drilling through my walls for the new cable from the telephone poles to come into the house. It was a big job lol

If I didn't request an engineer, I would've been left wondering what was going on. 

RoyB
Legend

@Em1 

Openreach are supposed to know if they need to plan to attend at a property or not, depending on whether their records show a working BT Master Socket there or not, and proactively contact the customer to book an appointment, or not, accordingly.

With a fallback if they think there is one, but when they work in the cabinet they find there isn’t one, or at least there isn’t a working one, at the other end, and they will then request access,

So if the system was working as it should, then you shouldn’t have needed to contact them. Good thing you did, though, as it sounds like the system completely failed you 😢

Dotliddle
Advocate

@danv I can't get in contact with no human No internet at all. Went live today. 

RoyB
Legend

@Dotliddle 

I do hope @danv is able to give you the help you need.

Though if you went live today, I’m not sure what help you would need?

Perhaps, though, you mean today is your activation date? In which case you should know that this can take place any time up until midnight, and may not need an engineer to physically attend your property.

Have you got your router set up? If not, set it up now. And note that even though it may only be showing two lights, and not the middle light that shows you have the internet, you should still be able to connect to the router, just not able to connect through it, and this will be a chance to check your new WiFi password in advance.

Dotliddle
Advocate
Yeah, found a number that I don't speak to a robot. Will be midnight tonight.

Sent from Outlook for Android<>