cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Edwards71

Newbie help - I need a telephone line installed.

I’m in process of getting set up with Now TV and advised they will ‘arrange a new phone?’ The address was previously with BT but that was disconnected 2 yrs ago. Recent redecorators also cut old cables. Unclear who Now TV have telephone contracts with re arranging for new line to be installed. 

5 REPLIES 5
ownwonnow
Scholar

Unless something has changed recently I believe NOW subcontract line installations to BT Openreach. I was in a similar position. Be warned, it took me 2 visits a month apart for the line to finally get installed. Then a third visit to repair the connection at the cabinet.

You should be able to see the appointment details in your account at Home > My broadband & calls > Orders & appointments at https://www.nowtv.com/gb/account/track-my-order . If you need to discuss the appointment with NOW the relevant number should be listed in the "Engineer visit" section. Unfortunately I don't believe you can speak directly with BT Openreach about the appointment but happy to be told otherwise by someone on here with more experience.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Edwards71 

To echo what @ownwonnow it is OpenReach that NOW have to go with to get anything sorted. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Edwards71 

Now will arrange you a phone line; indeed, they can’t not, unless you go for, and can get, this new-fangled FTTP that Now offer.

They will not supply you with any handsets; you will need to source those for yourself,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
MattM1
Advocate

@Edwards71 open reach subcontract work on infrastructure (line) from Now / Sky. I had a good experience with OR this week. They fixed my line fault within 24 hrs but they did need to phone up Sky to reset the session which they were unaware of. I get 80mps to the wall and I was getting about 72 to devices with 20 upload. However, the BB dropped out this morning for 10 mins and I now find they have throttled my speed back to 38mps (roughly half)! So typical of service levels these days alas.

RoyB
Legend

@MattM1 

Now don’t throttle.

If your broadband speed, as measured on a device at the end of an Ethernet cable from your router, when the broadband traffic at your property is light to non-existent, is less than 90% of your sync speed as provided by Now, contact them and report a further fault.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.