cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sheldon
Advocate

New build broadband

Hello I’ve just moved into a new build property in January 17th and my address was down as silver key on Openreach. I then registered my address with royal mail and tried to place an order with sky which moved my address to gold key. I’m now still going round in circles and trying to get broadband and landline installed at my home can anyone help me?.

I will also join NOW broadband if this can be corrected.

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
redchiz1
Champion 2

I think you are in a bit of a Catch-22 situation here: you have to be a customer of an ISP before they can raise an ORDI request for you. The only way you can find out if NOW can place an order for you is by trying, their support team will not respond on here. 

Jayach
Elite 3

If it's new build it may be full fibre only, does it have a phone socket?

If it is FTTP only, Now can't supply broadband to it.

RoyB
Legend

@Sheldon 

Silver means there is a record of an address from the Royal Mail database, but it is not validated on the Openreach database..

Gold means your address is registered and is validated on the Openreach database.

https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/downloads/dialogue_services_product_guide.pdf
Page 10 and subsequent.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
chilli2
Elite

What do your neighbours use?

Are openreach services available in your area? some new builds are fibre only (FTTP) and some of those have tie ins meaning that for a while the only game in town is the network approved, or supplied by the building company,  such as Persimon group homes and fibrenest , other places are also limited to things such as Virgin media.

Are there any phone sockets in the property?

Is there anything on the outside, such as cable entry points , small grey boxes, brown boxes etc - if so are these branded ie openreach, virgin media etc