cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lw1961
Advocate

NOW Internet down

I've noticed the Internet has been down quite a few times over the past few days. It's currently 2:15am UK time and the Internet has gone off despite the green light on the box. A couple of days ago it went off at 10:30pm. So strange this keeps happening. I'm not tech savvy at all so I have no idea how to resolve this. Hoping it comes back on in the morning. We should not have to put up with this. Is this a nation wide issue? 

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Lw1961 

I don't think it's nationwide since Sky / NOW fixed their DNS servers two days ago.

It sounds either local or an isolated case.

I did see a few people in the Bridgend South Wales area report over on Twitter (X) that their internet was cutting in and out in the last day or so.

You could try a Router reset by holding in the reset button on the back of the Router for around 15 seconds which I doubt will help.

Best to report it to the NOW Broadband Team by phoning the telephone number on this link page below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Lw1961 

Just been over to NOW Help Twitter and can see there was still reports across the country of problems with a stable internet connection for certain customers (my NOW Broadband is back running fine since Sky / NOW fixed their DNS server issue).

You could try going into your NOW online account under Manage Account > Broadband & Calls > Technical Checks to see if there is an issue with your line or an outage in your area.

Though even if the Technical Check reports back your line is running fine, still phone the NOW Broadband Team for further assistance.

chilli2
Elite 2

If this is related to the DNS issue, then you could go to your router settings and change the default DNS to something like Google DNS

Primary 8.8.8.8

Secondary 8.8.4.4

RoyB
Legend

@chilli2 

If the Now router let you do that, which I’m told it doesn’t 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.