cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JA_LDN
Advocate

N15 London - Broadband Not Working - Left stranded by NowTV

As of yesterday morning 07/03/22, broadband has been dropping out every 5-10 minutes. I am based in London N15.

Due to blackout - I have lost work, to the value of: double my annual NowTV contract cost!

I have split bandwith (2.4 and 5.0g), toggled IPv6 on LAN side, checked and repositioned all hardware and scanned neighbouring broadband channels and adjusted accordingly; nothing has worked. The broadband light is on for two minutes, off for ten, interspersed with lots of flashing. 

NowTV are not providing the advertised service and thus are in breach of contract. I have contacted them but have been advised that I must wait up to a week for an engineer. This is 2022, however the internet I’m getting is more 2002, it is not acceptable. 

Anyone else having the same issues. Would especially like to know if anyone in the locality is having problems!

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@JA_LDN 

OpenReach are in charge of maintaining the network. So if NOW say it’ll take a week this will be down to availability by OpenReach.

Feel free to keep pestering the team until the issue is resolved though. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@JA_LDN 

Our son uses Now Broadband very successfully, but purely as the domestic service it is designed to be.

For any business-critical requirements like yours you need, if not actual business broadband, at least 24/7 supported broadband with a 4/5G fallback device if the fibre line goes down for any reason.

I haven’t needed it yet, but BT promise me that if my fibre goes down, I will be back, via cellular, within three minutes.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
chilli2
Elite 2

A few years back almost all ISP contracts had a clause in stating personal us only,must  not be used  for bussiness use.

As it is now domestic ISPs are quite happy to sell their product to Bussiness customers, however the support / extras will not be quite as high.

As far as i know Openreach have different levels of support depending upon how much an ISP pays .

Now are very much a budget domestic supplier so the service level agreeement (SLA) will be on a standard priority.

If you need broadband for a business critical application then you need a  business grade ISP , for exaple Sky have a Business level / grade contract, now dont.

Likewise BT and i think EE  have products where if the standard connection goes down then it switches to 3G/4G/5G  as  a back up.

So you are probably on the wrong contract/with the wrong ISP if your broadband is business critical, but there are a few things you can do to help yourself.

As mentioned some ISPs and business ISPs have 3G/4G/5G as a back up  so why not go down the do it your self route?

You will need either a phone running on hotspot mode, or a mobile router (mifi type device) and a suitable sim card to go with it and then use that as your back up.

Stll no reason to let up the pressure on Now with the drop outs, just dont expect business level suppport