cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HollyA
Advocate

MK5 filter on Master Socket what to do.

My go live day is today and on my account it says it has 'gone live'. However I am still not receiving any connection. 

NOW doesn't provide any information of what to do if you have a MK5 filer on your master socket, I have tried removing it to replace with the filter provided but due to the way the socket is placed, I can't fit it in.

I have phoned customer service and they won't do anything until the tomorrow after activation day. I made it clear my account said I was already live but they didn't want to hear it.

Any advice, is it just a case of waiting? Or will I need to get an engineer out to fix my master socket? 

3 REPLIES 3
Jayach
Elite 3

@HollyA 

If you have a prefiltered master socket, just connect the router to the RJ11 socket with the DSL cable, no need to use the filter Now provide.

Have you tried a phone to see if the service really is live?

Physical connection is the same as BT so check here:

What type of primary socket have I got? | BT Help

HollyA
Advocate

Hi @Jayach 

@Jayach , thank you for your reply! Put my mind at ease about the socket. 

Can you expand on the phone to see if its really live? I have tried to connect through my phone - it shows up as "secured, no internet" then takes me to the NOW Hub Two Connection Diagnosis which inevitably always ends up asking me to call NOW customer service. 

Forgive me if I misunderstood.

Jayach
Elite 3

@HollyA 

I was referring to a landline phone, which would be connected to the BT socket on the master.

If that doesn't get a dial tone it's likely the connection isn't "live" yet.

Has there been a broadband connection on your master socket recently? If not it's possible there is no physical connection back to the cabinet.