cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brooky
Advocate

Low estimated speed

Hi so just recently moved from bt to now broadband.

With bt I had up to an 68/75mb connection

When originally looking at packages now broadband stated 67mb I believe for super fibre. 

Upon checking my account today estimated speed for the account is between 40/43mb with guaranteed at 36 the same as the lower speed fibre package.

Has anyone experienced lower estimated speeds but actually recieved higher or am I looking at 43mb or lower going forward?

18 REPLIES 18
Brooky
Advocate

Even now checking open reach website available speed to the property is 57/79

redchiz1
Champion 2

What was your guaranteed minimum speed with BT? What is the Impacted Downstream Handback Threshold on the BT checker? 

Brooky
Advocate

Bt guaranteed was around 53mb but always stayed around 60. So far today I've seen the connection go between 12mb to 45mb tbf I wrecking ill be cancelling before the cooling off period at this rate xD

Jayach
Elite 3

If you are now on Now. just what sync (Access line) speed do you have?

You can check your access line speed in just a few steps. Please make sure you're at home when you run this test.

1. Open a new browser window and type 192.168.0.1 into the address bar, then press Enter.
  2. When prompted, enter the username admin and the password nowtv.
  3. Once signed in, select Maintenance from the options at the top.
  4. You'll find your access line speed in the Modem section, labelled as DownStream Connection Speed.
Brooky
Advocate

Using an Asus router 

Jayach
Elite 3

Might have been helpful had you mentioned that earlier.

So, check the sync speeds in that. Better still post all the DSL stats here so we can see them.

Also what do you get if you use the Now router?

Brooky
Advocate

Data RateMax Rate

61144 kbps
17000 kbps
100092 kbps
19425 kbps
Brooky
Advocate

Left downstream right upstream if that helps

Brooky
Advocate