cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JFC
Advocate

Line problem

Hi, I recently ordered a broadband from NOW TV. However they could not proceed as they were told by openreach that there is problem with the line in our address. I dont understand this because previously I have a different broadband which was working fine, and did not encounter any issue. NOW tv had to cancel my order as they said openreach were not able to fix the problem and issued a refund. They are now asking me if I want to order again a new broandband. I am confused because if the previous one did not go through how certain can I be that the next order will be successful? Should I not go with NOW? or try again?

2 REPLIES 2
Jayach
Elite 3

@JFC 

Are you in a Full Fibre area, as that may explain the problem.

Ultrafast Full Fibre Broadband | Openreach

How long is it since you had broadband at your property?

RoyB
Legend

@JFC 

There are telephone exchanges in the UK now where people who can in principle receive FTTP (fibre to the property) are no longer allowed to order FTTC (fibre to the cabinet) when they change broadband supplier. This is all part of the move to phase out copper and replace it with fibre.

Until recently, Now only sold FTTC services, which meant they could not supply new installations in such areas to people who were able to move to FTTP.

But Now can now supply such customers with FTTP from Sky.

This may explain things; if you can only switch to FTTP where you live, the Now could not take you on when they only had FTTC to offer. But now they can offer FTTP, you can after all switch to them, and have their FTTP.

It’s possible that this is what has happened; doe the new offer from Now give any indication of this?

Or it’s possible that a slot has opened up in your local cabinet to give you FTTC, where no slot was available before.

Or it’s possible that this new offer is a ghastly mistake, with no more chance of success than before 😢

You need to ask Now Broadband what has changed such that you can have now what you couldn’t have before. If the answer satisfies you, by all means try again.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.