cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisWardle
Mentor

Lease renewed 3600 rebind.... driving me up the wall !!!! HELP PLEASE

Hi All - searched everywhere online and cant get a straight answer so assume this isn't straight forward.

Internet dropping every 30 mins or so ALL DAY linked to the LEASE RENEWED 3600 issue and can see it when logged into the hub literally every half hour, 24 hours a day !!

I work at home on a VPN so this drops the VPN all day and reconnecting constantly which means relogging into my work servers. Zoom meetings keep dropping out ... its simply not usable as it is and not fit for purpose. Never had this issue with TALKTALK... WHY DID I MOVE to NOWTV !!!!!!!

BT OPENREACH Engineer has been to my house and the line is great and no drops for months. 80MB data speed so that's great. The main BT hub is literally 50 meters away from my house so that's been checked too and all good.

I've had 2 NOWTV HUB2 routers sent and both have this identical issue.

You get away with it with Netflix etc as they buffer so don't see the drop and reconnect time. although watching Netflix last night and the TV kept saying NO internet every 15 mins or so, but never dropped the film. 

Tried disabling the IPV6 in the LAN settings that someone suggested and still the same.

Waiting for TECH TEAM to call me back but that was 4 days ago when they supposedly escalated the issue. I'm at my wits end with this issue now... ANY suggestions welcome on settings within the hub to change the rebind time so something more manageable, or disable it if poss?????

Thanks all - Chris

15 REPLIES 15
Jayach
Elite 3

Getting the lease renewed is perfectly normal so I doubt that is the problem.

The broadband will not drop whilst it occurs. To prove that the broadband doesn't (or maybe does?) drop, try running a thinkbroadband quatlity monitor (BQM)

Broadband Quality Monitor | thinkbroadband

RoyB
Legend

@ChrisWardle 

Sky and Now, which is Sky in hand-me-downs, renew the lease surprisingly frequently, but as @Jayach says, that shouldn’t be a problem.

Here’s a suggestion from @schnapps, which apparently solved this issue for the OP in the thread it comes from:-

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Setup-Performance/Frequent-connectivity-droppages-rebinding-IP/m-p/61...

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
ChrisWardle
Mentor

Thanks Roy, but tried that one .... its got to be something in the HUB settings as the line is perfect.

RoyB
Legend

@ChrisWardle 

???

HUB = router, which is where the change is being suggested.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
ChrisWardle
Mentor

Sorry Roy.. meant router. settings. I had hub in my head as the BT exchange box / hub / whatever its called for my local area is literally across the road from my house and been checked the other day ... yes, tried the IPV6 solution and also made sure the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz wireless signals are split.

Jayach
Elite 3

@ChrisWardle wrote:

Thanks Roy, but tried that one .... its got to be something in the HUB settings as the line is perfect.

Did you disable IPv6 as the other thread recommended?

ChrisWardle
Mentor

yes mate. 

ChrisWardle
Mentor

Thanks jay, but there are plenty of others with Sky or NOWTV hubs (which I know are technically the same thing)  that have this issue and no solution. It's constant so can't accept that its not linked as the lease renew drops and reconnects the line and takes about 3 seconds each time and enough to drop my VPN connection. It's constant and in 20+ years of having broadband with TalkTalk on the same BT Openreach line, I've never had this before. its got to be something specific on the hub setting as I've had 2 of them and exactly the same on the system logs.

Jayach
Elite 3

@ChrisWardle wrote:
Thanks jay, but there are plenty of others with Sky or NOWTV hubs (which I know are technically the same thing)  that have this issue and no solution.

Really? I haven't seen anyone with the same problem (VPN dropping out when the router rebinds) on this forum, and the use of VPN's is now much more common than it used to be.

I honestly think you are putting 1 and 1 together and getting 3.

I don't doubt your router rebinds every 30 minutes, (they all do on Sky/Now) and that your VPN drops out, but I just don't believe there is any connection.

If you take the number of Sky/Now subscribers, and how many of those are using VPNs in one way or another, if every 30 minute rebind was causing the VPN to drop, there would be a lot more complaints.