cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gabin
Advocate

Lack of service

Hi. I ordered now broadband on the 9th of January and an my date to go live was the 20th with the engineer visit. The engineer came tested the line, set it up put in a port on the wall and then linked it to the building junction box and made sure he was linked. Everything went well, he set up the hub and told me to wait for the three green lights. So I waited nothing by midnight, called the next day 21 Jan to be told again to wait till midnight, still nothing then I called on Sunday 22 Jan. Then I was told no sorry there is a issue and the line is being canceled and will have to wait three days to reorder, if I had not phoned I wouldn't have known my line was being canceled, no one phoned or contacted me to inform me there might be an unexpected issue. So I had to waited and reordered 25 Jan supposed to go live on the 3rd and I called on the 31st jan to make sure everything was fine. I was told everything still good to go. Called again the day I was supposed to go live on the 3rd of Feb to be told engineer has done there part at the green box, just wait until midnight and you can go live anytime. Midnight came still nothing.
This is horrible service, my work and wife learning depends on access and yet you guys have failed over and over, and I believe I just be compensated not only for the delay for the 3rd of Feb of service not going live but for the whole time you have failed to give me service from the 20th

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Gabin 

You ain’t talking to staff on here I’m afraid and for any broadband issues if they were I know 100% they’d tell you to call the broadband team. 
Even if you decide screw it and go with another provider they might very well be the same as NOW in terms of being fully reliant on OpenReach. 

If it helps you’re entitled to compensation when you do finally get up and running. See this link.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/auto-compensation

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Gabin 

You ain’t talking to staff on here I’m afraid and for any broadband issues if they were I know 100% they’d tell you to call the broadband team. 
Even if you decide screw it and go with another provider they might very well be the same as NOW in terms of being fully reliant on OpenReach. 

If it helps you’re entitled to compensation when you do finally get up and running. See this link.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/auto-compensation

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help