cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KKgal

I'm unable to watch on my tv app, only on an android phone. Says I'm breaking EU roaming laws

I've contacted Now by webchat 5 times now, nobody can help. One person even suggested that it wasn't working because I wasn't watching on a tv that was made in Ireland! We have no VPN, I've received a few emails from Now asking if I've logged in from a new device in the UK, but I live in Ireland. All happened when we switched to Sky broadband, they can't help me either, say it's nothing on their end. Can anyone help please?

10 REPLIES 10
chilli2
Elite

This is the site for Now Tv and Broadband (UK)

Now TV Ireland is a different operation to Now TV (UK) and as such there are blocks in place to prevent you watching Now TV UK in the Republic of Ireland, and likewise to stop you watching Now TV Ireland in the UK .

If you have been watching Now TV (UK) in the Republic of Ireland then upto now you have been lucky

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@KKgal 

Try a full power down of the router for 30 minutes. This should resolve the location that your router is throwing out.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
KKgal
I tried that already, turned it off for a whole night, no luck. Contacted
Sky, they said location is set as Ireland.
chilli2
Elite

@KKgal Where abouts in the world are you?

KKgal
I'm in Ireland.
chilli2
Elite

@KKgal   "I'm in Ireland."

which is why Now Tv (UK) isnt working , if it was working you were lucky, almost all streaming services will check your locaation based on the IP address  and if you are not in the right location you wont be able to get it

As mentioned this is the site for Now TV UK, Nows Ireland site can be found here : https://www.nowtv.com/ie/watch/home

RoyB
Legend

@KKgal 

Northern Ireland or Eire?

Are you subscribed to Now UK or Now IE?

I can’t work out from the above which it is 😢

When you say you can watch on your Android phone, is this on the same WiFi that the TV is on, or via cellular from you phone provider? What happens if you try it the other way?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
KKgal
Hi, I'm in the Republic of Ireland. I've been watching Now TV for years now
without issue. I thought this forum was for all Now TV queries, there
doesn't seem to be a specific Irish one. I'm watching no prob on an Android
phone which is connected to the same WiFi as the TV! Similarly, if I try to
cast from the phone to the TV, I can't! Same message about EU roaming laws.
I just hoped for an easy fix. ##- Please type your reply above this line
-##
chilli2
Elite

The only option would be VPN to amke your device think its in the UK, bit it would appear that so far you have been lucky

what does this say?

https://whatismyipaddress.com/

Now TV is available in other countries but each version of Now is seperate to the other :

some of these are:

UK

Republic of Ireland

Germany (as Wow TV)

Austria (as SkyX)

Italy

USA

Thanks to the stupidity of Brexit its no longer possible to watch Now TV (UK) outside of the UK