cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeG47

Hub password no longer accepted

Hub password no longer accepted.

Tried to relink a Blink camera this morning but couldn't get it to connect to the wifi. Kept getting an error message that I had go the wifi password wrong. Following advice I disconnected the wifi from my phone and then tried to reconnect using the hub password but this was rejected.

Reset hub to factory settings.  Everything connected OK other than phone and Blink camera.  (Phone will connect to extender ok but have not disconnected this link.  Other Blink camera came back on line ok after hub reset.)

Need help please as to how to resolve this.

3 REPLIES 3
RoyB
Legend

@MikeG47 

Let me get this straight - the hub password wasn’t accepted in the camera dialogue, so you tried your phone, ensuring to turn off the 3/4/5G, so you knew you were connecting to the hub rather than your mobile provider (and not turning off the WiFi as described?), and the phone wouldn’t connect to the hub either.

So it looked like the failure when connecting the camera was genuine, and not an incorrect error message?

And then you reset the Hub, and everything reconnected (possibly proving that the password was in fact OK?) except the phone which you didn’t retry, and the camera you were having the trouble with?

Try the phone connection - to the hub, and not the extender - again and report the results.

Is the camera still saying the Hub password is wrong, or has it moved to some different error message now?

But as one camera is working, and another isn’t, I can help thinking that perhaps that camera is on the blink, and you should maybe talk to Blink support, see what they say?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
MikeG47
Thanks for taking time to help me. The problem was me! Everything pointed to incorrect entry of a password on the camera and the phone. Unfortunately I misplaced the WiFi code card a few weeks ago and when I created a replacement I used a font which made a capital 'I' look like the letter 'l', much as this font does. When I checked the password on the hub properly with a decent light I found my error! Hours have been wasted by me and I'm now sorry to have wasted your time. I did try to cancel my post but couldn't find a means of doing so.
Apologies & thanks again.
Mike

RoyB
Legend

@MikeG47 

No worries - thanks for coming back and explaining!

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.