cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leahlou
Observer

Hub issues

My broadband and calls went live yesterday, I have set up my hub but all that's happening is the power light is flashing orange. No other lights are coming on, is the hub defective? 

2 REPLIES 2
chilli2
Elite

press and hold the re set button in for at least 10 seconds while it's powered up, wait at least 10 minutes after that.

if that doesn't work, connect via Ethernet, can you access the router config over a wired connection?

next check the psu, measure the incoming voltage with an electrical multimeter to see if you have 12v dc at the barrel jack

RoyB
Legend

@Leahlou 

Even a hub which isn’t connected to broadband should show two steady lights.

So yes, it looks like it is faulty, or the power supply is. But try the reset that @chilli2 describes; maybe that will bring it back.

If you are handy with a multimeter, and know what a barrel jack is, then you can test the power supply; if not, don’t sweat it, and unless you get all three lights steady, get on to Now Broadband for a diagnosis, and a possible replacement Hub and power supply.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.