cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andras83
Advocate

How do I block MAC addresses off my router?

I want to block a MAC address off of my wifi network without having to change the wifi password. How do I do that? 

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Andras83 

I found this linked article below from the internet.

It's for the older Sky Router (NOW Hub 1 clone).

Hopefully the procedure will be similar to the NOW Hub 2 Router.

The default username & password on the NOW Router is admin & nowtv.

The NOW Hub 2 has both IPV4 and IPV6 features rather than just IPV4 on the older Sky / NOW Router.

https://bigtechquestion.com/2018/05/11/broadband/how-can-i-stop-devices-using-sky-wi-fi/ 

Andras83
Advocate

Thank you for the response, sadly it doesn’t work. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Andras83 

Hopefully somebody with more IT Networking knowledge will come along with more suggestions.

Whilst waiting, maybe try the NOW Community search box for the same question or perhaps try the Community search box over on the Sky Broadband forum.

Sorry I haven't tried the link that I posted or done much alteration changes to my NOW Hub 2 Router to offer any further advice.

Or alternatively you could send NOW an email asking the question using the email address on this screen shot below.

youdoodle-2020-05-11T14-12-50Z.jpg

chilli2
Elite

Ive got a feeling that Mac address filtering is one of the (many) functions that the now router does not support .

a few options:

Turn off wifi on the device you do not want on the network

Turn off the device you do not want to connect

Get your own router that has more functions such as mac address filtering and the ability to limit access by time .

One thing that would help us to help you is if you can say whey you need to block a device form accessing the wifi, such as parental controls etc