cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carled
Advocate

Go live day was yesterday. I'm still connected to my old provider with the previous Plusnet hub.

Not the most auspicious start to the new provider. Was supposed to go live yesterday. I have some important meetings I pushed back to today and now it appears I could randomly get switched at any point from today instead of yesterday. 

I know it's probably futile asking, but is there an actual human being that can be contacted that can tell me what's going on, do you think?

9 REPLIES 9
chilli2
Elite 2

What is the full name of the package you have signed upto with Now?

My switch from plusnet happened in the early  hours of the switchover day , just before i went to bed, i changed my router to the settings for Now broadband ( i use my own router, not the plusnet one or the Now hub2) and when  i woke up in the morning the router had picked up the settings for Now and it was up and running without a glitch and has been ever since .

You should have had a sorry you are leaving type message from plusnet, i think in my case there was even a letter in the post, together with some "deals" to try and convince you to stay , if you do nothing then it should switch over, that is unless you have signed up to Now's full fibre package.

what package from Now have you signed up to?

carled
Advocate

@chilli2 I've just signed up for pay as you go monthly superfibre. My exchange gets FTTP soon so I wanted to keep off long-term contracts to have options when it arrives.

My account page on Now says I've not been activated yet. Plusnet told me this morning that the line was ceased yesterday, so they're no longer our provider. They can't explain why I still have internet access! 

chilli2
Elite 2

This package:

"Average download speed 63 Mbps

SUPER FIBRE

£23 a month

Prices may change during contract.
12-month minimum term.
£0 activation fee.
£10 delivery fee."

that says 12 month minimum term, i know Now used to offer 1 month minimum sign ups, but havent seen them for a while .

Are you definitely on a 1 month deal?

can you provide a link?

carled
Advocate

If you go through to the super fibre option, there's a "no contract" option that requires a £60 set-up fee.

Either way - I'm not sure how this affects my go-live position!  It still says "don't plug in your kit yet" on my account in Now and says I'm going live any time up until midnight two days ago...

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@carled 

Have you plugged in the NOW Router and left it on ?

Where I would ignore the message about don't plug in the NOW Router (especially if it's the day of your switch over or past this switch over date).

If you have already plugged in the Router and not getting three green lights showing on the front of the NOW Router where the three solid green lights means the internet is live and ready to go.

Then get in touch with the NOW Broadband Team where under your online account in the Appointments & Orders section there should be a telephone number to call.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @carled 

Here's an alternative number to call for the NOW Broadband Team if your internet is still not live (see the link page below for telephone number).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @carled 

Even if the Plusnet Router is still working and you have tried plugging in the NOW Router and leaving it for an hour or so and no luck getting the three green lights on the front of the NOW Router which means your NOW internet has gone live.

Then give the NOW Broadband Team a call.

If the NOW Router does come up with the three green lights on the front it will usually take a couple of hours for your online account status under Orders & Appointments to eventually say gone live but you can still use the NOW internet service.

Hopefully the NOW Broadband Team will get to the bottom on what's happening to your NOW Broadband account.

carled
Advocate

Thanks for the input. I spoke to Now broadband support on Tuesday morning. He said that there was a note from Openreach that they'd not been able to "seize" (cease?) the line and this had delayed them. He implied it was the fault of my previous provider. He also said that the system at their end was showing I was not yet activated and that they would have to contact OpenReach to find out more, which could take up to 72 hours.

I called PlusNet and they assured me that the line was seized/ceased at 10:40am on Monday 29th as far as they were concerned and they were no longer providing me any kind of service. 

chilli2
Elite 2

You mentioned that you only intend to use Now broadband as a stop gap until FTTP becomes available - how long will this take?

The set-up cost for your Now broadband will be £60, on top of that there is a monthly charge £23/month(?)

If you are only using it for a stop gap, then is Now broadband the right choice?

3 months of that will have an effective cost of £43/month

6 months effective cost £33/month

and so on.

If I was in your situation i would look at cancelling the Now service if It's not too late with regards cooling off etc or if Now can't provide a service and go for a mobile broadband service instead , if the mobile based broadband is good enough then there will be no need for a full fibre install

Three have a deal on at the moment at £25/month, 1-month minimum term rolling contract, which in my opinion would be a better choice and better value than Now broadband or any other fixed line service on a short term basis .