cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Quest4Truth

Football Channel gives error message on one device but not other

I have been regularly watching sport via Now TV, alternating between viewing  on my desktop PC and my LG smart TV, with no problems. Today I discovered that I couldn't watch the Football channel on my smart TV (I got a loading error message that nobody in the community seems to understand), despite logging in and out a few times. So I tried it on my PC and it worked! I am careful to log out each time I use Now TV (I don't want to subscribe to Boost), so I wonder what is causing this problem.

7 REPLIES 7
redchiz1
Champion 2

@Quest4Truth 

It's not so much "logging out," you don't need to necessarily do that each time. But you most back out of and exit the stream completely (are you sure you want to exit? or some such) otherwise the NOW servers will continue to regard the stream as active for around 10-15 minutes before they update and you can watch on another device. 

tonybirder
Advocate

@Quest4Truth I’m getting same problem, I can’t watch sky football on my LG tv. On the set upstairs which isn’t LG sky football is fine. iPad fine PC fine just my LG tv

Moosen23
Advocate

@tonybirder same for me. SS Football doesn’t load on my LG tv, all other SS channels do, but Football loads fine on my phone.

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Quest4Truth @tonybirder  @Moosen23 

Hmm, OK, that sounds like a different problem altogether. I have just tried Sky Sports Football on my LG TV and it is working just fine. Check that the TV software is up to date and also check for any NOW app updates. 

redchiz1
Champion 2

I see that the current live match is also on Main Event at the moment, have you tried that?

JunkUtopia

Same problem here, with the Football channel all day long i've either got an error message or a green-blocky screen like there is no signal or something. Just to say also an LG TV if it's somehow specific to that.

Other channels worked fine all day, and i've now got Leeds vs Watford on Sky Main Event, but on my one day off work and not with the family I had to miss the early kick-off so not best pleased!!!

redchiz1
Champion 2

@JunkUtopia 

I suggest you reach out to NOW directly as they won't respond on here. Others who have posted may care to do likewise. You could all mention that there seem to be a number of users affected and point to to this topic. You might want to get in touch with LG as well. 

The quickest route to a NOW TV support agent is by using the green Chat online button near the top of the page here. Do let us know how you get on.