cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Crf
Advocate

Exchange outage

Ex14 exchange outage. Phoned customer services, what a joke !! All you get is some "foreigner" whose first language isn't English wanting to know everything, surprised he didn't ask for inside leg, before not admiting he don't know Jack ###### !!! All I wanted was an estimate of how long to fix. Was in the middle of working when it went down. Anyone successfully claimed for compensation for loss of earnings ?

4 REPLIES 4
User2414

I just spoke to someone and she said it's a problem with the area and not the broadband and it'll be the maximum amount of time. 

In terms of claiming for loss of earning I'm not sure how you do that. But would definitely suggest that you do that because it sounds like it could be awhile. But I don't know how you would do that. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Crf 

You need to make sure you have your phone ready for a hot spot. 
NOW is meant to be used for personal use, not for work. 

@User2414and @Crf 

Only when you report and after 2 days of no service.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/auto-compensation

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008 

We’re going to have to change our mantra 😢

IMG_1357.jpeg

‘Ideal for streaming, gaming and working from home’

I hope Now are ready for the implications of this, as even FTTP <> non-stop.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
chilli2
Elite

I would still say that if you are reliant on a good connection and if your internet went down you would lose money,  and you dont have any back up, then Now is not the ISP for you, as its geared towards a residential service which you can use for working from home.

A Business ISP account will offer better support and faster fixes when/if there is a problem as well as in some cases a  fall back to a mobile network .

If you really need 100% uptime then a business broadband account with 4G/5G fallback and a UPS power back up on the router is the best solution