cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error with my new-build flat address - should receive Super Fibre broadband

Hi there,

There is a system error which doesn't let me get the best broadband package option even though we are located in an area which is capable of getting it.
I am moving to a new build flat which was built in 2017. This was originally a 4-story office but is now an apartment complex with about 20 apartments.

I am trying to get the Super Fibre option to appear on the website offers but it doesn't work. Whilst number 7 doesn't work, number 5 (and below) does let you have this option. We are right next door to number 5 (in the same building) so there should be no reason why we can't get this as well.

I am very sure it's because the flat number is not registered as it is only recently been available. Other people in the flat that are in numbers 5 and lower are able to get the fast packages (we personally known the person living in flat 2 which is 10 metres away, they can get the best options).

Who would I talk about to get my flat number added as an option for Super Fibre?
I also couldn't find a suitable topic/label for this enquiry.
Thank you,

Connor

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

My recommendation would be to give the broadband team a call and they will hopefully get it sorted.

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/now-broadband-calls/switching-to-now-broadband-or-moving-home

NOW Broadband customers can get in touch anytime between 8am–11pm.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Try with 07.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still having the issue unfortunately, however it does seem to be Openreach's fault instead of NOW Broadband:

- Out of a block of 20 flats, about 14 are able to get the best broadband offers from all main providers and the 6 others (including mine) are unable to get any deals.

- We all have the suitable wiring, it's completely random that some can and some can't.

- When I call a broadband provider to see what can be done manually, they have no idea how to offer a better service because from their end there is no option to.

I just have to hope Openreach responds to my inquiry and gets it sorted. Judging from their customer feedback I think I'll going to be stuck with this issue for a while...

If anyone has any advice, I'd be greatly appreciative!

Connor