cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Engineer visit

I'm due a visit 8am-6pm today (02/09/2021), with no one so far but there's still time. But when I checked my account it said the visit had already happened and was successful? No one has visited and I was told that I'd need to be in the house so I assumed remote activation wasn't possible.

Just confused if I can go ahead and set it up now, any help would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If there is no sign of the BT Openreach Engineer by 6pm then you will have to phone the NOW Broadband Team (their number should be under Orders & Appointments on your online account, but at the moment there is a long wait getting through because there is internet outages around a lot of regions of the South East of England and South Wales).

I am guessing you have the NOW Hub Router plugged in and the middle light on the front of the Router is either red or amber which currently means no internet (green middle light means you are good to go and use the NOW internet service).

I would also be tempted to try a power down and power back on the Router, just in case there wasn't a need for a Openreach Engineer to visit your home and they managed to sort it at the local street cabinet.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply,

I just set up the router and all seems to be fine and I'm fully connected. I'm guessing a visit wasn't needed then or was done remotely? wish I'd known this as I wouldn't have waited in all day!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Yeah has a matter of courtesy if i was an Engineer working on the BT Street Cabinet and on my Job Ticket it said Home Visit, but i managed to get it working without accessing somebody's home, then if it was me i would have knocked the door or phoned the contact number of the home owner on the Job Ticket to say it is all done and don't need access to your property.

Guess BT Openreach / NOW don't work in this way (unless these companies leave it down to the individual Engineers on what they do or don't do when it comes to notifying their customers).