cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EA10
Advocate

Engineer no shows 2 visits in a row and counting

Booked the engineer to come in on Friday morning, get a text saying he’s come and finished despite not seeing anyone turn up.

I call up again on Saturday and explain what happened. We troubleshoot and still no internet. Customer service tells me I need to book an engineer again for Monday morning, then the guy hangs up?? I call back to confirm Monday 8am-1pm is the time slot, and get a confirmation text which I reply “YES” to.

Now Monday comes around and the engineer doesn’t show up AGAIN! Twice in a row now. So I call up again and they tell me it’s showing as “in progress” on their system and they can’t provide an update and to call them back tomorrow??

This is all despite NOW having charged me on Friday, and we are still without internet despite 2 engineer visits in which no one turned up.

Massive waste of time having had to stay home in case anyone shows up for 2 days now, after paying for service days ago, and STILL having no internet! Not to mention I still need an engineer to actually show up for once!!

3 REPLIES 3
RoyB
Legend

@EA10 

The engineer may have turned up at your cabinet, done what he needed to (or thought he had) and left without ever attending your premises, unless that needed remedial wiring or a new BT Master socket installed.

Does the engineer need to attend your premises?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@EA10 

To follow up from @RoyB and only if you’ve complained about it. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/auto-compensation

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008 

@redchiz1 says that in the case of a missed activation date, you don’t need to notify them.

But I guess that would only be in the case where Now already know it’s been missed, not where they think everything is OK until you tell them otherwise.

But they knew the next day in this case; do we think that would have started the compensation clock ticking?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.