cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BC72
Advocate

EE ROUTER VS NOW TV

We recently switched from EE to Now TV. We swapped the the routers over and our signal around the house is significantly worse. 
We continue to use TP link extenders as we did before. Everything is working. But the signal is poor. I’m thinking that the router is just not as good. I’ve tried to use the EE router but can’t work out how to make it work with Now TV. Has anyone experienced this and can offer advice? Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
chilli2
Elite

The poor wifi performance of the Now router is a known issue .

If the Wifi extenders are of the type that take a wifi  signal in then re broadcast it they wont be much use either ( rubbish wifi in rubbish wifi out) - what model are they?

if you can search this forum for "own router"

i use a TP link Vr2800 other models and brands may also work - as long as they are compatible with  OPtion61/MER log in ( not all are)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
chilli2
Elite

The poor wifi performance of the Now router is a known issue .

If the Wifi extenders are of the type that take a wifi  signal in then re broadcast it they wont be much use either ( rubbish wifi in rubbish wifi out) - what model are they?

if you can search this forum for "own router"

i use a TP link Vr2800 other models and brands may also work - as long as they are compatible with  OPtion61/MER log in ( not all are)

BC72
Advocate

@chilli2 

Thanks.. that makes sense.

we use these extenders

TP-Link TL-PA4020PKIT 2-Port Passthrough Powerline Adapter Starter Kit 

chilli2
Elite

Powerline adaptors are much better than "wifi extenders" you can even get powerline adaptors with their own built in wifi access points