cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Changing broadband provider from virgin to bt

I hav a now stick and recently changed broadband provider from virgin to bt. Do I have to re-register with NOW

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Your account for TV memberships is linked only with NOW. Nothing needs to be done. 😎

The only way something will change is if you decide to have your billing for NOW via BT. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Many thanks
DenisK
chilli2
Elite 2

To make switching wifi routers easier, instead of updating every single device, give your new router the same wifi name and password as your old virgin media hub.

As far as i know the BT and BT style hubs management can be got to by going to http://192.168.1.254

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Nope.

All you need to do is go into the NOW Stick Settings under Network, New Connection and once the BT Router is up & running select the SSID Network Name off the screen list and enter the Password from the information on the BT Router (usually it's either a card or sticker somewhere on the BT Router).

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Forgot to mention if the NOW Smart voice remote controller doesn't work /respond to you accessing the NOW Stick Settings > Network > New Connection > Wireless.

Then factory reset the Stick by holding in the reset button on the Stick whilst powered on and connected to your television for around 15 seconds.

Then when setting up the Stick again from scratch use the new BT Router details and when prompted use the existing NOW account Sign in details you are currently using on your Stick.