cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maria_
Advocate

Change broadband plan

Hi! I need a plan with a higher uploading speed and I cannot see the upload information for each plan. Also, the only option is to call and I have been waiting for ages! Is there another way to change the broadband plan? Please also let me know which program you would recommend for higher uploading speed. Thank you

9 REPLIES 9
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Maria_ 

What number are you calling?

Try this one. Make sure your signed in and use the 'How to get in touch' drop down.
https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/now-broadband-calls/installation-and-setup

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Maria_
Advocate
Hi! I was calling a very similar number (6 instead of 7) but it wasn't a
wrong number, I was still connected to the options. I will try this number,
thank you!
RoyB
Legend

@Maria_ 

63 Super Fibre, 36 Fab Fibre, 11 Brilliant Broadband.

All much of a muchness on price, but what speed you can actually get depends crucially on your location:-

Brilliant Broadband: NOW Network areas only. Speeds vary significantly by location.

Fab Fibre and Super Fibre: NOW Fibre areas only. Speeds vary by location

Now Fibre Broadband is FTTC (Fibre To The Cabinet) only. FTTP (Fibre To The Property) can run up to 14 times faster, though only if you are in an area cabled for it, but even in those, Now don’t offer it.

So depending on what speeds you get now, and what speeds you would like, you might want to look further afield:-

https://www.uswitch.com/broadband/postcode_checker/

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Maria_
Advocate

Thank you so much for this link! I think I cannot upgrade my speed with NOW TV!

Jayach
Elite 3

@Maria_ wrote:

Thank you so much for this link! I think I cannot upgrade my speed with NOW TV!

If only ADSL is available where you live, then if you have good 4G/5G coverage, perhaps consider a mobile broadband service.

Did @RoyB's link suggest FTTP (full fibre) is available to you? 

Roughly where are you?

RoyB
Legend

@Maria_ 

Duh, I missed ‘upload’ 😢 Fortunately @Jayach covered it.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jayach
Elite 3

@Maria_ 

We would really need to know what service you are on now to be able to say if a higher upload speed is possible.

Unfortunately as Now is FTTC only, the speeds you get (upload and download)  depend on the length and quality of the copper cable between you and your cabinet.

The MAX possible speeds for each service are: Brilliant 1.5Mbs, Fab 10Mbs, Super 20Mbs, but most people can't get the max.

Is it possible FTTP is available where you live?

Maria_
Advocate

I am on the brilliant pack but the upload speed is only 1 mbp! 

redchiz1
Champion 2

1 meg is pretty much tops for ADSL.