cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband service down

Hiya,

Anyone else having issues with their broadband at the mo? Our internet light has gone out and technical checks says there is an outage, but I can't get through to anyone to check on this or see an announcement anywhere.

We're in Kent fyi.

10 REPLIES 10
redchiz1
Champion 2

Have you tried "Technical checks"  via My Account using the "My broadband and calls" tab?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I'm in the same boat as the other poster, just minus the engineer visit. Will give them a call tomorrow.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine has been down and an engineer came today to fix. Seemed to work for a few hours but now gone again. Technical check just has an exclamation mark on! 

redchiz1
Champion 2

Then all I can suggest is you get back on to the support team again, try the contact details here

Libby
Advocate

Contact centre closed until 8am 

Mine out since 4pm ish . No  update since before 5pm 

I live in Scotland. 

Irritating and disgraceful that there no human available out of hours.

RoyB
Legend

Hi @Libby 

With Now’s value pricing, something has to give, and one of the things that does is 24/7 support. If that is important to you, it’s something to consider when renewing your broadband contract.

If it’s any consolation, though, most Now-related equipment failures are also Sky-related equipment failures, and these are being addressed 24/7.

Likewise, failures out on the Openreach network aren’t usually just Now failures, and Openreach again will be working 24/7 to fix these.

So while there may not be anyone on the end of a phone to soothe you when Now are shut for the night, there is a vanishingly small class of service restorations that would be delayed by this.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
jax101
Advocate

I have just come back from holiday to find out that our internet has been down for a week.  None of our tv's are can connect to freeview without the picture pixilating after five minutes viewing and Youtube will not work at all, it just says that its ...loading...  I've done a connection check via the NOW website to be told that everything is working perfectly and  I know its not because i'm sitting here looking at blank tv screens etc.. I've taken a photo of the front, back and the main connection of my hub and sent them online but when I use ring back there are no other options given as to who to contact and more importantly how to contact anyone once i've done this.  Has anyone got any ideas as to what I try now, please?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@jax101 

Have you tried doing a factory reset to the router?

Number to call is in the link below. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Keishee
Advocate

I’m Having The Same Problem Right Now In Greenwich